The valedictorian and salutatorian will be selected according to the following procedure:
- The valedictorian will be the student with the highest weighted grade point average (GPA)rounded to the nearest thousandth as computed at the end of the third trimester of the senior year.
- The salutatorian will be the student with the second highest weighted GPA rounded to the nearest thousandth as computed at the end of the third trimester of the senior year.
- In case of a tie for valedictorian, co-valedictorians will be honored.
- In case of a tie for salutatorian, co-salutatorians will be honored.
- Foreign exchange students will not be considered in computing class rank and, therefore, will not be eligible for these two academic honors.
- Students must be continuously enrolled at Redmond High School prior to and continuously following the tenth school day of the student’s senior year.
The top 10% of the senior class, using the weighted GPA class ranking, as calculated at the end of the second trimester of the senior year, will be eligible to receive and wear an honors cord at the graduation ceremony.
Academic Hall of Fame
In an effort to recognize and hold up as examples of superlative scholarship and achievement, RHS has established the Academic Hall of Fame beginning with the graduating class of 2001. Inclusion is based on criteria which include grade point average, scholastic aptitude, and enrollment in advanced classes.
Next section: Athletic/Activites Eligibility