Senior Career Portfolio Instructions:
Start your Portfolio by printing off this Senior Portfolio Checklist: Senior Career Portfolio Checklist
(1) Activities Chart
This chart lists all your volunteer work, jobs (both paid and unpaid), school related and non school activities you have been involved in, sports, clubs etc. grades 9 – 12.
View the Letter of Recommendation Tips then ask a teacher or someone who knows you well, to write a letter of recommendation. Don’t wait. Ask them soon!
A Cover Letter is a letter written by you introducing yourself to a prospective employer or college. Read the sample cover letter then write the letter in your own words.
State your employment goals, skills & jobs you’ve had (with your job title & responsibilities). Add your educational history and hobbies (if you’d like.)
List the name, address, phone number or email for 3 people who know you well
(7) My Next Move
Take Online Career Interest Assessment through O*NET
- Go to O*NET Interest Profiler at My Next Move: https://www.mynextmove.org/explore/ip
- Click NEXT and read instructions.
- Rate all 60 statements based on your personal interest in doing that activity.
- When complete, either review your answers or click NEXT to see your results.
- Click NEXT to explore “Job Zones”
- Read instructions to determine which “Job Zone” you plan on pursuing and select job zone.
- Click NEXT to view list of careers based on your interest and job zone.
- PRINT your results by clicking on the print button at the bottom right of your screen. Keep this to put your portfolio.
Click on this link and follow the instructions. Print off your results and add to your portfolio.
If you have applied to a college, print off your application and put it in your portfolio. Your letter of acceptance will also work. If you are not planning on attending college, pick up a COCC paper application in the Career Center, complete it and put it in your portfolio.
(10) Special Recognition and Awards
These can be athletic, academic, FFA, JROTC etc. awards & certificates. You may also use an essay you are proud of or a photo of your artwork.